Vertical Church Ovilla
Vertical Church is driven to be the clear voice in society for declaring the gospel, the leading voice for speaking truth into the culture and the standard for training followers of Jesus to confidently live out their faith.
Rose Anne Boston
What We Believe
Vertical Church is a community of believers who celebrate the grace of God that has been lavished on us in Jesus Christ. Our goal is to encourage and teach all to respond to His overwhelming grace by faith, and to live their lives vertical!
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and without mistakes as originally written. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for the Christian life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these three are co-eternal and of equal dignity and power.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death on a cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
- We believe that man was created by and for God; that by man’s disobeying God, every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who believe in Him are declared righteous because of His sacrificial death and are, therefore, in the right relationship with God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers and thus enabling and empowering the life and ministry of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived, the everlasting blessedness of those in right relationship with God, and the everlasting punishment of those who have rejected God’s forgiveness in His Son.
What is Baptism?
We believe that baptism is an outward picture of inward belief in Jesus Christ. Baptism is a public declaration of beginning a personal relationship with Jesus. It is one of the first steps of obedience for a new believer in their walk with Christ. Throughout Scripture, we see that people were:
- Baptized after they made a commitment to follow Christ.
- Baptized by immersion to picture the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
- Baptized publicly to declare their belief to the church and community.
We would be happy to answer any questions you have about baptism or schedule you for our next baptism celebration! For more information contact us by email.